UN WOMEN STOP THE ROBBERY CAMPAIGN OFFICIAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. These Terms and Conditions apply to the submission of your Tweet to the UN Women Stop the Robbery program (the “Program”), through 23percentrobbery.com (“Site”). All Tweets shall be collectively referred to herein as the “Submissions” or each as a “Submission.” Submissions must comply with the Guidelines and Restrictions defined below. UN Women reserves the right to cancel or modify these Official Terms in its sole discretion.
2. Submission Guidelines and Restrictions. By submitting, each submitter agrees that his or her Submission conforms to the Submission Guidelines and Restrictions as defined below (collectively, the “Guidelines and Restrictions”) and that UN Women, in its sole discretion, may remove any Submission if it believes, in its sole discretion, that the submitter’s Submission fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions.
- The Submission must be created by the submitter.
- The Submission must be 100% original and submitter must be the sole and exclusive owner and copyright holder of the Submission;
- The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes any rights of any other party, including but not limited to copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or any other intellectual property rights;
- Any third party whose person or property appears in the Submission has given submitter appropriate consent (which shall be provided to UN Women upon request thereof) for such person or property to be photographed and used as permitted herein
- The Submission must be suitable for general audiences (i.e., it may not be obscene or indecent or contain objectionable content, including but not limited to nudity, sexual content, pornography or violent, illegal or profane depictions);
- The Submission must not in any way disparage UN Women or any other person or party;
- The Submission must not contain material that is or through the use of the services may become inappropriate, indecent, obscene hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- The Submission must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
- The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations of the United States or of any jurisdiction where Submission is created; and
- The Submission cannot promote illegal drugs or firearms (or the use of any of the foregoing), or any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message.
3. License/Usage. By providing a Submission, submitters fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these Official Terms, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Program. By providing a Submission, each submitter grants UN Women a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual license to use, reproduce, modify, truncate, publicly perform, distribute, display, publish, create derivative works from, sublicense or otherwise use the Submission in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including but not limited to on any and all Internet media, including the Site, UN Women’s other web sites and properties and on social networking sites (i.e., Facebook, YouTube, Twitter etc.) and any other third party websites, as well as in any other media, such as banner ads, TV commercials, and billboards, without payment, compensation or further notification to or permission from submitter, for any legal purpose whatsoever. Submissions may be cut, edited, reformatted, rearranged, combined with other materials and/or otherwise modified, in UN Women’s sole and absolute discretion. In addition, by submitting, submitters agree to the use of their names, likenesses, biographical information, Submissions and/or statements for purposes of advertising, trade, or promotion without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
You agree to be solely liable for your Submission and all content contained in it. You hereby waive any moral rights that you may have in your Submission in favor of UN Women and anyone acting with the authorization of UN Women.
Receipt of Submissions will not be acknowledged or returned. UN Women is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, postage-due, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled Submissions, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by UN Women.
You hereby represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age or older and the age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence as of the date of submission.
5. Indemnification/Release. You agree to indemnify, defend, release and hold harmless UN Women, Twitter and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of its employees, directors, officers, agents, business partners, contractors, distribution partners and representatives (“Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, demands, liabilities, costs or expenses, including attorneys’ fees and costs, arising from or related to (i) any breach by you of any of these Official Terms, (ii) any violation of applicable law, (iii) any agreement with a third party to which you are subject, and (iv) Released Parties’ use of your Submission or any content contained in it, including your name, image, likeness, photograph, voice, comments, posts, statements, biographical material or other information, including without limitation any claims arising out of or based upon copyright infringement, trademark infringement, misappropriation, invasion of privacy, defamation, right of publicity, blurring, alteration, editing, morphing, distortion, illusionary effect, faulty reproduction, fictionalization or use in any composite or edited form of your Submission, name, image, likeness or other information submitted to Released Parties. For the avoidance of doubt, Released Parties shall not be liable for any inaccuracies, technical failures, printing errors, loss, injury, damage, or any other claims arising from your participation in this Program.
6. Additional Terms. UN Women reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, change, modify, terminate, or suspend this Program and to add or remove portions from these Official Terms at any time. You are responsible for revisiting this page to review updates to these Terms.
7. Disclaimers. Under no circumstances shall UN Women be liable for any loss, damage, liability or expense incurred or suffered that is claimed to have resulted from your access to and use of the Site and/or the Program, downloading from and/or printing material downloaded from the site and any other websites associated with the program, including, without limitation, any fault, error, omission, interruption or delay with respect thereto. The use of this Site and/or the Program is at the subscriber’s sole risk. Under no circumstances, including but not limited to negligence, shall UN Women or its affiliates be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, even if UN Women has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
You specifically acknowledge and agree that UN Women is not liable for any conduct of any subscriber.
8. Preservation of immunities. Nothing herein shall constitute or be considered to be a limitation upon or a waiver of the privileges and immunities of UN Women, which are specifically reserved.
9. General. UN Women reserves its exclusive right in its sole discretion to alter, limit or discontinue the Site and/or the Program or any Materials in any respect. UN Women shall have no obligation to take the needs of any subscriber into consideration in connection therewith.
UN Women reserves the right to deny in its sole discretion any user access to the Site and/or the Program or any portion thereof without notice.
No waiver by UN Women of any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall be binding except as set forth in writing and signed by its duly authorized representative.